Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Book addict goes into overdrive!!!!

I don't know if you've heard of bookcrossing.com but I've been having a ball with it for a while now. The concept of registering and releasing books for people to read is one that is strangely addictive, especially for someone who is an avid book collector like myself. I have one hell of a time trying to cull my books when there is too many on my bookshelves, so giving them away, and not even knowing that the person who gets them will like/love them, is a real heartbreaker, but at the same time a huge thrill. I have released a few books now but have yet to get anyone to journal them.

I have been slowly registering all my books and this will take some time as I have shelves upon shelves of them!!! LOL

However patience will prevail! I have already had a couple of people ask for some of the ones I have registered but I am a little troubled by the fact that they expected me to send them the books without receiving anything in return, and we're talking international postage here!!!!

Oh well, It could be worse...they could be asking for one of my kids!!!!! LOL

A couple of bookcrossing elves

Couple of bookcrossing elves doing their thing at a release site.

Anyway, time for bed and all that stuff!!!!

Catch ya again later!

Shannon

No comments: