Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Big One « Library Nation

The Big One « Library Nation

I’ve learned over the years that I am fairly controlling… I love it when delegation works, and I love watching my teammates succeed, but sometimes it just seems easier (and safer) to do things myself. I really have to watch myself here because I know that this could lead to overly-controlling, dominating behavior that crushes the creativity and input of others. I’m glad I was made aware of it early on while I can try and redirect those impulses in a more positive direction.


I love this comment as it sums me up perfectly!!! The library that I work in is a sole person library and I often find my self doing just that. *Doing it myself* Most of the people in the office here are not as literate computer wise as myself and so I often find it much easier to just simply do the work myself. This is mostly just the IT stuff but it is amazing how much I do that could be done by some one else. Ho Hum

Anyway, Procrastination is not a good thing so it's back to work I go!!!

No comments: