Thursday, August 09, 2007

Getting out into the community « Library Nation

Getting out into the community « Library Nation


Academic libraries have a need for public exposure, and specialized collections might bring in more courtesy borrowers. Like the Fine Arts Library where I work… it would be great to do some community building with the artist, musician, dance, and theatre folks in Austin (”Live Music Capital of the World”). We’ve got great resources for them to use, and maybe they’ll remember us when they’re finding a home for their artistic collections


WOW! just what I've been trying to get my workmates to think about. Because It's such a small library and they dont use it very often they seem to forget that it exists... in fact one when asked if we had a librarian said no and then said that we have someone who looks after it but no librarian. OUCH!!! Itai!!

She actually wrote in a report that we had a room in which we stored resources and that we 'referred to as a library'. OK perhaps I need to work more on my workmates first before I start pushing the library going out idea...

No comments: